Monday, October 11, 2010

The proposal

Wow, I have been wanting to document this for so long.

The proposal - not quite where it all began as we have been together for a while - but definitely the start of big plans.

One Sunday in June last year GiB let me sleep in while he pottered around the house sorting out fishing gear.

About 8am GiB suggested we take our poochie down the beach for a walk - a popular pasttime for us.

As we were walking along the beach hand in hand chatting about life, suddenly GiB stops and gives me a big hug, telling me how much he loves me and asking me to be his wife!

I'm speechless...which probably looked pretty funny to the guy walking along behind us with his dog!

To top things off, GiB runs off into the sand-dunes and comes back with an esky cooler bag, complete with chilled champagne and 2 glasses.

I honestly couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning than watching the sun over the waves, with my boy and my poochie, drinking expensive champagne and talking about our future together!!

Even after a year this story still gives me goosebumps!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, how perfect. Champagne breakfast... literally ;)

    ReplyDelete